PHE transfers Sukowati field to PEP

Upstream company PT Pertamina Hulu Energi (PHE) said that it has transferred operatorship of Sukowati field in Tuban block in East Java Province to its affiliate PT Pertamina EP (PEP).

PHE President Director Gunung Sardjono Hadi said on Wednesday that his company has officially informed the upstream oil and gas authority SKK Migas and the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources regarding the transfer of the Sukowati field operatorship to PEP.

“There’s no problem (even without Sukowati in Tuban block). There are still Mudi, Sumber, and Lengowangi (fields). We also plan to develop other structures which are non-active,” he said.

The current Tuban block contract, held by Joint Operating Body (JOB) Pertamina-Petrochina East Java (JOB PPEJ), is set to expire on February 28 of this year. The block is among of the eight blocks where the current contracts are set to expire this year. The government has decided to transfer the blocks to state-owned oil and gas firm PT Pertamina after the current contracts expire. Pertamina has decided to transfer the operatorship of Tuban block to its subsidiary PHE, which owns 75 percent of JOB PPEJ.

PHE Development Director Afif Saifudin said that PEP is more appropriate to operate the Sukowati field, a unitization field in Bojonegoro Regency, where PEP holds 80 percent interest while JOB PPEJ holds the remaining 20 percent. In addition, the Sukowati field is located near PEP’s Cepu field in Blora Regency.

http://www.petromindo.com/detail.php?table=news&pos=detail&id=60448

 

Leave a Comment